Why I might be leaving Mac OS X - Part 1

For some time now I've been concerned that I would eventually run into this issue. As progress and innovative software advances to do tremendously outstanding tasks, the hardware remains mostly static.

What I mean is if you purchased a MacBook Pro a couple years ago, the features being included in the latest iteration of OS X may push the limits of the preconfigured hardware; thus, causing slow performance of even simple tasks that should not require such a draw on CPU.

The integration with iPhone 6 features encourages Mac-only device usage. If you don't have an iPhone or even just an older iPhone, many of the new, built-it augmentation will go unused. On top of all of this, there is the issue with application compatibility. If you have purchased an app it is not guaranteed to work correctly or at all with the next OS X update. When you rely on software for work that you have taken the time to become proficient in, this is a big problem.

To find a solution, I've been doing a lot of research on Linux and linux applications to see if I could do everything I'm doing now, but in a desktop environment I have more control over. I love the look and feel of Mac and the user experience is smooth and delightful on the surface. How can I have the best of both worlds?

Enter elementary OS... Read more about this.